(Career Assessments, Planning and Management)
With more than 30,000 types of jobs to choose from, it’s no wonder people make mistakes when choosing a career! Typical examples of such mistakes are to accept the first offer that comes along or to say “yes” just because the salary is enticing or to attempt to live out parents' unfulfilled dreams...
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
At The Business Associate, we don’t believe God wants a person to be bored or frustrated at work! After all, He’s given everyone a unique combination of work-related gifts and talents. The secret is to figure out what these are and how to use them in making career and educational decisions.
Joe Ruiters & Ashley Abrahams are trained & accredited career counsellors and mentors (to verify their status visitwww.crown.org.za/files/southafrica/CareerDirectKonsultante3.pdf) of The Business Associate. Our experience so far has confirmed the necessity for students and workers to be subjected to career management and to be assessed before embarking on choosing subjects or a career path. The benefits your organisation shall derive from the programme is either for students and workers are making the right career choices. This will assist schools to achieve pass rates because now children is doing the right subjects because they are driven by their ability and career path choice.
Consider the following statistics from a recent study conducted:
- ONE-HALF of all men and women who went to work this morning feel they are in the wrong career field...
- TENS OF MILLIONS of people are like square pegs in round holes when it comes to work and careers…
- FIFTY-TWO PERCENT of information technology workers would rather be doing something in the liberal arts...
- Many feel like prisoners in a career that does not reflect or enhance their God-given design…
- Many students or scholars chose subjects on the basis of what is easy and not career-directed choices
- More than FIFTY-PERCENT scholars have not chosen their subjects
- A high percentage of university and college students select the wrong courses of study in college or technical schools...
- A high percentage of final year students change their major subjects several times...
- A high percentage of children spend more of their own, their parents’, and taxpayers’ money on the wrong career
About our Training & Workshops
Our training is very relevant, market focussed and well researched. We use interactive programme and materials to provide people with cutting edge tools needed to respond to market and community demands. We source real case studies supported with up to date market information to make the course materials relevant. Please see attached our proposed programme for this RFQ.
About our Career Management Tool & System
Career Direct® is our system tool that we use and been trained for. This is a revolutionary assessment system that combines sound career management principles of stewardship of talents with cutting-edge career guidance technology.
- Career Direct® is one of the few assessment tools that approaches the field of career guidance from a solid truthful perspective.
- Most career assessments examine just one or two areas. Career Direct examines four essential components of career selection: personality, interests, skills, and values. As a result, Career Direct is one of the most comprehensive guidance systems on the market today.
Our experience in the market has proved that the Career Direct® Guidance System can assist a scholar, student or employee along the path of educational and career fulfilment by gathering a valuable collection of information about the person that he or she can use immediately! It also helps with discovering things about themselves that they never knew and/or to get confirmation about issues they suspected about themselves. The Career Direct® Guidance System is a self-assessment tool that evaluates a person’s personality, interests, skills and values.
- Is a self-scoring, four-part interactive assessment completed on computer (takes between 60 and 90 minutes to complete)
- Is available in English and Afrikaans
- Provides a 20+ page report about a person’s personality, interests, skills & values
- Samples various careers that fit the person based on the outcome of the assessment
- Includes a 2-hour feedback session with a trained Consultant
WHAT MAKES OUR CAREER AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT BETTER THAN ANOTHER?
Validation – Career Direct® was developed over a 10 year period using research-based principles of assessment and measurement, and it consistently meets or exceeds accepted standards of reliability and validity.
Satisfied People – Career Direct® has successfully evaluated over 80,000 adults and students. Countless testimonies have shared how Career Direct® has been a turning point in their education or career.
Comprehensive – Career Direct® provides clear direction needed to help make sound educational or occupational choices by accurately analysing all four main areas that affect career choice: Interests, Skills, Personality and Values. Most other assessments only assess one or two of these areas.
Trusted Source – Crown Financial Ministries, founded by Larry Burkett and Howard Dayton and the parent organisation that created Career Direct® is an international non-profit ministry that has dedicated itself to helping people become financially free.
Unique Perspective – Career Direct® is based on sound principles of work and stewardship of talents.
About the people that benefited from our services
Apart from the many scholars, individuals & workers who battled with subject choices and career choices the following organisations found us as a core partner to their objectives: All About Mzansi, Pep Clothing, Family Life Training, Phambili Community Organisation, Philadelphia Welfare Society, Operation Harvest and others
For more information please contact our office: